Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yongle or Yongle(s)?

So, Yongle or Yongles? Was there more than one emperor named Yongle? Well, technically yes. But that is just what some books have debated about. Some books say Yongle was one person. Other say Yongle is supposed to be a name for the civilization and all the emperors in it. So of course all the emperors had different names. To name some examples, how about Ming Taizu or Zhu Di? They are all categorized in the emperor named Yongle, at least to some books! At first this confused me. I mean, who should I believe? Who do I know who is right? It's not like I can go back into the past and see for myself! Or can I? No,no I'm not talking about time travel or anything like that! I'm talking artifacts! I mean, look at the artifacts we have come up with for the Ming dynasty (of which Yongle is supposedly categorized in). There are the giant boats, the cities, do I need to say more? Who knows how many more artifacts from the Yongle civilization are out there, waiting to be discovered? Only time will tell! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow that IS really confuzing:) I never even thought that it could be more than one person:) but you post seams really researched so i will believe whatever you say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I thought MY research was confusing because this Qin Shi Huangdi guy i had his name spelled so many ways. Then i read this post and my research looked like a piece of cake. You did good researching the Yongle vs Yongles. Hats off to you

    ReplyDelete