Thursday, February 10, 2011

Who is Yongle? What were his accomplishments?

When I think of Yongle, I think of a type of noodles or something. But in reality, Yongle isn't just one person!At least in some books, Yongle was the name for all emperors in the Yongolian dynasty. So I guess you could say Yongle was an emperor. Now, you might be thinking," Okay so why are these Yongle emperors important?!" Well first off, the Yongle people have made some really great accomplishments! As a matter of fact, one of the Yongle emperors moved the capital from Nanjing, to a place called Beijing. I wonder how much preparation that must have taken! But an even greater accomplishment is the fact that one of the Yongle emperors created a three-walled rectangular area with 3 places called the Inner City, the Imperial City, and the Forbidden city, also known as the Imperial Palace. Speaking of the Forbidden City, I have researched that the Forbidden City was very popular with the Yongolians. Now, these facts may not be extremely interesting to you. But wait until you hear the coolest fact in my opinion! The Yongle empire was known for having the World's Largest Ships! I mean, we are talking MASSIVE! If you don't believe me, check out the picture at the top of the page. Compared to that little boat, the Yongle empire ships were pretty big! And to think that these are only a few facts about the Yongle. I say that these Yongle people are really interesting, but don't ask me! It was only my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Woah. First off i think it's funny how Yongle sound like a noodle. You were right. Then you said Yongoian and I thought of Mongolian BBQ. But to the actuall info in your post. That was super interesting. I saw the picture and you were right, the ships were huge. Thats so cool. I didn't think they could build ships that big back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those ships are H-U-G-E!!! id like to ride on one of those!!

    ReplyDelete