Thursday, February 10, 2011

How did Yongle emperors die? What ages?

Emperors dying. Boring right? No way!! Of course some emperors died from old age. But others were poisoned! Think about this in your head... if you were a Yongle emperor, you brothers would be jealous, right? Okay, so they could have the chance to poison you! How would you feel if you were the brother and you knew that your brothers kid would be next in line for the emperor? I would feel pretty bad, knowing I didn't have a good chance of being a ruler. And who doesn't want to be a ruler?! Hey look, now we are back to 2011! So stop fantasizing now. I want to go back to one special Yongle emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang. He died of old age in 1398. But here is where it gets interesting, the Prince of Yan was the person to organize the funeral, and of course he went to it. But get this, when the new emperor came to power, he ordered the Prince of Yan to leave for no apparent reason! At least that's what the research says. But come on now, harsh right? You spent all this time preparing the funeral of a beloved emperor and now you find out you have to leave the premises. This is heartbreaking. I say this Prince of Yan should form some kind of army. But of course being the good guy, he obeys. Back to dying emperors! There were many other ways these emperors died, and I don't feel the need to explain the process... if you know what I mean. So enjoy not being an emperor! After all, the job can be very dangerous!

2 comments:

  1. I reallly loved your voice in this post:) I looooved how you talked about the poisioning and i totally agree:) And i know that i would be completly jelouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too. I thought "oh yay, dead guys." but you were right. It could be very interesting with the whole poisoning/jealousy thing going on.

    ReplyDelete